Friday, April 11, 2014

Life happens

//Oh where do I start? I have been MIA for over a week now. I'll give a brief update.

Well, life throws curve balls sometimes and one was definitely thrown my way when I wasn't looking. A young 13 year-old girl I know committed suicide. She was in the hospital but nothing could be done. She passed. It is so crazy! She had her whole life ahead of her. I have a niece her age and can't imagine having to bury her or my other nieces and nephew. It would be devastating. I won't say more about her death because I don't have the family's permission to do so.

With what happened it forces me to put things into perspective once again. I mean how many times do we realize that life is short and claim that we are going to make changes to keep in touch with certain people or just sit back and enjoy life more? I know I do that and about a month later I am back at my old habits. Life is short and we really do need to let those that we care and love know as often as we can because you never know when it will be the last time. Yes, I admit it is hard but I think with technology today it is absolutely possible. You can email, txt or call, maybe even skype. I personally am going to try to let the people I love know. So if I or they die they'll know without a doubt that I cared about them. 

Also, I'm going to start to stop and smell the roses (literally and not literally too lol). Life is precious and comes and goes without a notice on many occasions. It's important to appreciate our surroundings and just absorb the world that is around us. With its imperfections and all. Just like the title of this blog, take it One Day at a Time. 

This post will be short. I'm using my phone and well it's just not as exciting to type on my phone but I will be back with a new post soon. If you have any post request please share it would serve as inspiration. Thanks.

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for your loss.
    When I was 7-years-old I visited my cousin who was 20 at the time. Packing up to move out that day. Later that night he shot himself. It's devastating and still gets to me. Suicide is selfish, and a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Great post Lily, my thoughts go out to you and her family.

    <3
    Harlynn
    mindyourmadness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Harlynn. I'm sorry you went through that at such a young age. It really is devastating.

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry for your loss. Found you thru Harlynn. She's the best.

    I just recently found out that my ex committed suicide and a few years back there was like 5 teens who did it around this area. You see it alot more lately and its sad. I dont think I could ever do that to myself. I know for a fact I couldn't b/c I can sit and think how my family and friends would feel and I just cry.

    nightowlventing02.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wow! I'm sorry to hear that.
      I know what you mean, I don't think I would have the ability to end my life. Thank you for your comment.

      Delete
    2. You are so welcome. I have mixed feelings about that situations. nothing to be sorry about. that was over 4 yrs ago when we dated

      Delete