Thursday, July 10, 2014

Conflict

This past sunday at church the pastor was talking about conflict and how we need to sort out whatever conflict we have with a person so that we can better witness not only to them but others.  That really got me thinking about the conflict in my life and how I have dealt with it.  He shared a verse that I had not heard in awhile Proverbs 3:3-4 "Never let loyalty and kindness leave you!  Tie them around your neck as a reminder.  Write them deep within your heart.  Then you will find favor with both God and people, and you will earn a good reputation" NLT 
NLT Version

NIV Version

That got me to thinking, there are many times when people just piss me off (to be honest) and I react in a not so kind manner.  Don't get me wrong I'm not a cursing people out or even a yeller for that matter but I do tend to cut people off and kind of pretend like they don't exist instead of dealing with the conflict head on.  I wish I could, but to be honest with you the people I typically have conflict with are those that do not listen to reason or logic and trying to sort out conflict with them would be like talking to a wall meaning you get nothing resolved.  (maybe I'm underestimating them? Or, not)  So, I thought to myself "Self, do you ever let loyalty or kindness leave you?" and I came to the conclusion that kindness does leave me quite often because if I'm ignoring the presence of someone, that's not very kind, right?  As for loyalty, I am a pretty loyal person.  My loyalty remains even if I am mad at a family member or friend.

One thing for sure is that I want to be a better witness not only to my family and friends but to everyone I come in contact with.  I have not been doing a good enough job and I understand why the pastor challenged us to get rid of the conflict we have in our lives.  It really does bring us down and puts in a a dark spot even if the spot is tiny that lingers with us and maybe we don't realize that we show that dark spot a little sometimes.

My goal is to try to be more kind to my adversaries and to TRULY love thy enemy (that can be very hard).  So that I may show them God's love and hopefully be a light in their life which will help lead them to christ.  I struggle daily with loving certain people that I will keep nameless at the moment.  They have just been such negative people in my life that it's hard to continue to allow them to be apart of it but I'm going to try to be kind and not too critical or pretend like they don't exist.

In thinking about my goal the verse 1John 4:20 popped into my head because it is a true verse.  As a Christian woman who has accepted Jesus in my heart and has declared publicly to follow him and to share his word, it is my privilege/duty to share God's love with all that I come in contact with, for if I don't then I AM A LIAR and the truth is not within me.  I really believe that and I know it is hard sometimes to swallow our faults but it is very necessary to understand them and try to rectify them.  So that we can be the best witness we can be.
MSG Version

NLT Version


What are some of the things you struggle with?  Whether it relates to your walk with Christ or anything else.

Thank you,



No comments:

Post a Comment