Saturday, July 12, 2014

Growing pains

Let me just start off by saying that I am not a fan of how fast times goes by.  I feel as though it was yesterday that I was 10 years old and my first niece was just born!  And now she is going to be 17?  What?!  That's just CRAZY!

So, here I am, not 10 anymore and 17 years have gone by in a blink of an eye.  I now have 5 nieces and 1 nephew and some of their cousins I seem to have adopted because they too call me Tia Lily.  If you don't know what Tia means it means Aunt in spanish (fact: I'm fluent in spanish).  Okay so the oldest niece Susana is turning 17 in September, Erin is turning 16 this month July 26th (ahh she can drive!), Isabel is officially a teenager at the rightful age of 13, Sofia is a decade old and my nephew Nicolas is a decade old too.  Sofia's birthday is in February and Nicolas' birthday is in November.  Then there is the youngest (also a cutie) Karina, she is 5 years old and so spunky.  That's all of them.  I have 1 sister and 2 brothers.  My sister has on daughter that the going to be 16, my oldest brother has 3 girls and they are the 13, 10, and 5 year old.  My second oldest brother has 2 kids, 1 girl and 1 boy, the soon to be 17 and the 10 year old.



They grow up so quickly!  I really wish I could just pause time at any given moment so I could just bask in that particular moment because they do not last long enough.  Soon the oldest will be graduating high school during my 10 year high school reunion (just in case you wanted to know that) and she will be venturing out into this scary world full of awful things.  It  is so scary to me because once I was out of high school I saw what some people became and I just don't want her to have to go through struggles.  I personally never really did anything bad but thats because I'm different then typical people.  I have never liked following crowds and doing what everyone perceived as cool, I typically perceived it as stupid.  It could be because my siblings are 12 to 16 years older then me so I kind of grew up quickly.  I don't know it is just scary to realize that one day (sooner then I would like) these kids that I love dearly like my own will be adults and making their own decisions.  Ahhhh!  I guess all I can really do is try to continue to teach them the importance of making good thought out decisions and teach them to let God lead them, teach them how to trust in the Lord as best as I can.  I pray that it sticks in their selective hearing brains.  These kids growing up is my growing pain.

You know what though?  I'm a little excited to see how their adult self will be (ok, and a little scared too).

Do you have any growing pains?

Thanks for coming on by



4 comments:

  1. I always enjoy reading your blog girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of kiddos in your family. My girls are half Mexican (su papa es "100% mexicano" como dice el y tiene 7 hermanos y 6 hermanas. Con eso mis hijas tienen mas de 100 primos) O.O Oh, I speak Spanish too ;) haha anyway, I'm a new follower and have enjoyed your recent posts. I'm looking forward to more in the future.

    http://themiscellaneousmom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by :) 7 hermanos y 6 hermanas and your daughters have more then 100 cousins? Wow... my mom has about the same amount of siblings so I have lots of cousins too.

      Delete