Saturday, July 26, 2014

We lost the car

Ok, so technically we didn't lose my friends car but we kind of felt like it for a couple minutes.  One of my dearest childhood friends came to visit me in SLO (short for San Luis Obispo).  We headed downtown to go to one of my favorite pizza places (ok...my favorite pizza place) Woodstocks.  We parked in one of the parking structures downtown and rushed towards Woodstocks.  By the way before I continue I just have to tell you that in my opinion this pizza is absolutely delicious and if you don't like it well then there is something wrong with your taste buds and if you are a rare breed of non-pizza lovers well then I'm sorry but you are missing out.  If you ever head to central coast California definitely make your way to SLO and try this pizza.

I got this pic from Yelp.com I was too busy eating to take a pic
Anyways, after we were done eating and our tummies were full of yummy pizza (well, my tummy didn't have that much pizza only half a slice, too much bad stuff for me but the salad was good).  We then decided to walk off the food and walked around downtown.  I am so bad I should have taken pictures.  Downtown SLO is so beautiful and just a fun fact in 2011 I think National Geographic and (you can't forget) Oprah said that San Luis Obispo, CA was the happiest city in America.  Okay so continuing on we finally decided to go back to the car and head over to a Avila which is a nearby beach.  So, we go to the parking garage and get on the elevator as I am about to press the button to the floor we left the car on I realize that I didn't check which floor we were on and so I asked Lena if she remembered and you probably guessed it, she didn't.  We decided that it was the third floor, so we go up to the third floor and no car.  Then, we look at each other and say, "no, we didn't come this high, it is the second floor."  We get to the second floor and again there is not car.  This time I thought to myself "I hope the car wasn't stolen!"  So then we proceeded to go to the fourth floor and viola, there was the car right where we had left it except there was this big black truck parked crooked and very close to the passenger side door.  Boo... I had to really squeeze in.


Screen shot Lena's snapchat when we found the car.
Don't mind the funny look on my face.
Took another screen shot of this
Bentley we saw in the parking garage

Once in the car we drove off and got to enjoy the beach view and the beautiful weather of Avila Beach.  We walked on the pier.  I had a snow cone.  Wish I could show you photos but I am pretty bad at always taking photos, I'll try to get better.
This is the only picture I took at Avila

We then got back on the road and before she left me at home we headed to Morro Bay, which is only a few miles north of Avila and Slo.  Then we walked up and down the embarcadero and headed to the big rock (fun fact: Morro Bay Rock is a volcanic plug).  Once again I didn't take many pics but I did take pics of the Morro Rock.  Well, instead of explaining the pictures let me just show you.

 
Part of Morro Rock

About to tread through dangerous areas but I like to live on the side of danger Lol
Lema didn't make it all the way passed the sign
She is struggling making her way back

A view of almost the whole rock

That was our adventure!  I like hanging out with my dear friend.  We have been friends since kindergarten so that makes it about 22 years.  Wow, 22 years!  Hope today is as much fun as yesterday.  

Hope you are enjoying your weekend

Till next time,


2 comments:

  1. Ok, this may sound stalker-ish but I just read through basically your entire blog and I just wanted to tell you that I really respect you for the things you have been through and are currently going through. You seem like a really awesome and positive person despite your hurdles. Thanks for your comment on my blog about sending prayers. They are much appreciated for sure. And lastly, the roasted red-pepper sandwich post. OMG, I am so going to have to make that. It looked delicious. And we use a comal also. :) I'm not Latina or Mexican but old habits die hard when you were married to one. My favorite food to cook is still homemade tostadas de tinga... mmm mmm mmm Hope you're having a good week. ~ God bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. You stalker! Lol just kidding. Thank you for your sweet comment.

    Sounds to me like you're an honorary Latina ๐Ÿ˜„ tostadas are awesome with anything.

    Thanks,
    Lily

    ReplyDelete