Friday, September 19, 2014

Blogtember Advice

Wow it is already the 19th of September, I feel as though yesterday was barely the beginning of summer and now we are strolling into fall.  I remember being in High School and older people saying “the older we get the faster time flies by” and I didn’t really understand what they meant till now because it’s true.   Each year seems to go by faster and faster, I feel like I may even skip a few years without even realizing it. 



Okay, getting back to Blogtember, today’s prompt is “If you could give one piece of advice to a large group of people, what would it be?”

What would I say to a large group of people?  I guess I would say the title of my blog, which is to take life One Day at a Time.  We can plan and plan but ultimately we do not know what tomorrow holds for us.  So take it one day at a time and enjoy every single moment.  It doesn’t matter if you’re going through a hard time or good time.  Each daily experience in your life will mold and shape your tomorrow so make the best of today.  Enjoy the moments you have with your family and friends.  Appreciate them even when they may drive you crazy and all you want to do is shake them silly or strangle them.  Stop and smell the roses a few times out of the day.  Forget about those material things that you sometimes think you need, you really don’t need them.  In society today we are always on the go and our attention span as a whole is super short.  I challenge you to slow down and embrace your days. 


If you have big dreams of a career or anything else each day try and take a step closer in accomplishing that dream and if you don’t manage to do it that one day it’s ok there will hopefully be more days.  Don’t be scared to try something and to fail at it.  It’s ok tomorrow is a new day and more opportunities will come.  I’m a dreamer constantly dreaming up goals and for a long time I was scared to try at them.  Why? Because I didn’t want to fail but I know I realize that even if I would have failed at least I would have tried.  So, take life One Day at a Time because it is just too short to let it flash before your eyes.  Be thankful for every breath that God has blessed you with.

That’s what I would say; it’s not this long list, just short and sweet.  I used to live in tomorrow but life’s punches has put me in a realization that I needed to just live one day at a time today and enjoy each and everyone of those days.  I wish that if I were to advice a large group of people that this short message would be of benefit to them.

Brave Love Blog
Thank you for stopping by today, hope you have a beautiful and blessed weekend.

Till next time,


5 comments:

  1. I am one who has tried to live one day at a time. But it seemed I start stressing about days ahead. There has to be some planning in your life. I realized that. But on the other side when I make plans, they seem to fall apart so I will stay in the middle. One day at time and plan as well. lol Make sense?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree completely with you. Planning is definitely necessary and being flexible with plans is good too. Because like you have said plans fall apart sometimes.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some thing I don't tell myself enough..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post. Living life mindfully is so important. [Thinking of you and wishing you strength...am including you in my prayers xx]

    ReplyDelete