Tuesday, November 4, 2014

The Holiday Season is almost here

With the holiday season upon us and today's prompt from BlogHer I got to thinking about my favorite holiday memory.  During my childhood I have a lot of good memories but the one favorite?  
I don't know.  I do however miss the days when my oldest brother was not married yet.  I have two older brothers and one older sister.  My second older brother and sister got married before my oldest brother and before he got married we would still have a family unit intact.  My Favorite memories are those that are around Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day.  Those were days that we would all spend together along side my mom.  We would hang out, eat, hang out some more and eat more.  It was loads of fun in my young age.  I remember waiting anxiously for Thanksgiving because that was the kick off to us all being together.  I remember waking up on Thanksgiving Day to the sound of my siblings and most discussing how they are going to cook the turkey that year (my sibling are 12 to 16 yrs older then me) and sitting down to watch football.  I also remember my second oldest brother constantly cracking jokes and being the only one who was laughing so hard.  Those moments of togetherness lasted till a few days after New Year's Day and let me tell you they were awesome time.  

You might now be wondering what happened that change and maybe you guessed it already or maybe not.  If you haven''t or have let me fill you in.  My oldest brother got married!  What?!  Why did he go and do that? lol  So he got married and his wife's family was from Oxnard so he ended up moving there which was fine because hey we were still gonna see them right?  Well, right for the first three maybe four years.  Since 2004 the holidays for me have not been the same they are now a dread and something I really don't want to deal with.  My family seems to have slowly fallen apart and my mom  is just too sad to knock sense into her other children.  My oldest brother along with my second oldest brother let their wives dictate their lives and their wives seem to ignore the fact that they, my bothers, have a widowed mother and really only has her children and would love to at least spend one holiday with them all.  Then my sister on the other side who would rather spend it with her friends.  Then there is me and my mom and I am having to put on a happy face for my mom trying to make things special for her and let her know that she is not alone and that she is cared for.  I have hope though that God changes their hearts and they begin to have a heart for my mom.

Okay that is the end of my rant... sorry you had to experience that.  lol.  It's just something that hurts me in a level that I don't think my siblings understand.

Thank you for stopping by and reading my rant :) 

Till next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment