Thursday, February 19, 2015

Collection or Obsession? Part 1

Wow... this is my first post of the year and I am going to talk about my nail polishes?  What am I thinking?  I cannot believe that we are in February let alone on the 19th day.  Time just flies by when you're having fun, doesn't it?  I feel like it was barely two weeks ago that I was sick and it was New Year's Eve.  Yup, I was sick for the end of 2014 and beginning of 2015.  I just had to end 2014 with a bang.  Last year in March for my birthday I was not doing well either I got a terrible eye infection and looked atrocious.  So I felt like it was fitting to be sick on New Year's Eve too.

** Update Time **
In January and February nothing drastically excited happened.  I got to spend time with family and just living life as best as I can.

In late January I went to a Salon and Spa Expo in Long Beach with my sister and a few of her friends.  That was fun.  I had planned on buying more nail polishes (don't judge) but I forgot my money!  Oh my goodness, I still can't believe I did that.  Good thing is, my sister let me borrow some money and I was able to get two nail polishes and a few makeup brushes that I had been wanting from Morphe Brushes, if you have not done so already, go check them out.  They have great quality brushes at a very affordable price and anyone can buy them.  They also have eyeshadows that are so pigmented and just pretty.

Other then that there really hasn't been a highlight.  I wish I had picture for show and tell but I forget all the time to document stuff with pictures until the very end of the day and by then I just say, "Why bother now?"  I am working on getting better though.  *fingers crossed*
~ Moving Along ~
Last night I was organizing my nail polishes and I came to the realization that I may have a slight obsession.  I have a total of 125 nail polishes and one currently MIA (Missing in action).  I know, I know, that's a lot of nail polish.  My collection steadily grew in the last year.  I went from having about 30 nail polishes to quadrupling in about 8 to 13 months or so.  

What I need now is a place to store them.  At the moment I have them in a box from Christmas year 2013 and now I have too many for that box and I think the life of that box will be coming to an end soon.  It was nice and sturdy when I first started to use it but now it's just as flimsy as can be and I can just image it falling apart when I am lugging around my polishes somewhere..

In the picture below it doesn't look like a lot but let me tell you, when they are all together in my box it is kind of heavy.




As you can see in the picture I have an array of colors from reds, to purples, to blues, yellows, greens, nudes and a variety of more colors.  I am looking for some neon colors.  My favorite color is purple so I think I have more purples then any other color.

I feel like adding a few more shades here and there but not a lot more, not 100 more.  Oh no!  These Nail polishes have come in handy because I have actually made a couple bucks polishing friends nails and their friends nails.  I am even considering going to school to become a Manicurist.  Praying about it, we shall see what God has in store for me.

So there you have it my nail polish collection.  I thought of taking more pictures but as you can see I didn't.  Maybe later on I'll do a thorough nail polish collection post.

This post is part 1 of 3 Collection or Obsession series thing I'm planning on doing for the next two Thursday's.  Come back if you want to see what else I collect or obsess over? 

Thank you for stopping by and I hope to see you again.

Till next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment