Tuesday, September 8, 2015

FALL INTO BLOG-TEMBER DAY 8

“He made the moon to mark the seasons; 
the sun knows its time for setting.”
Psalm 104:19 ESV

September 8: prompt is to talk about our favorite season.  Why it is our favorite season and what it says about us.  I thought about this long and hard and I came to the conclusion that I like all the seasons but fall and winter are my two most favorite and next are spring and summer.

FALL
Fall is such a beautiful season.  The orange, reds, yellows and subtle greens.  The change in the weather where the summer heat slowly begins to dissipate and cooler weather makes an appearance.  The nice sweaters make their way out of your closet and are just cozy enough to keep you comfy.  I grew up in the Central Valley of California where the summer heat ranged from 95 degrees to 115 degrees any given day.  So when fall came I was a happy camper.  CRUNCHY leaves were and are still my favorite to step on and here the crackle of the leaf beneath the sole of my shoe.  Just thinking about it makes me giddy lol.

WINTER

Oh winter I feel as if I haven't seen you in years and come to think of it I haven't seen you in about four years.  I miss you winter, come back we need some rain!  Sorry, I was having a moment, if you haven't heard California is in a drought.  Winter is also an absolute second favorite.  The cold can be irritating but nothing a hot coffee or tea can't fix along with a nice warm home and possibly a fire going.  I like the rain and wearing my rain coat with my rain boots or just looking out the window again with a cup of coffee or tea starring at the rain fall.  I like heading to the mountains and seeing the snow especially as it is falling.  Catching the snowflakes you see the beauty and wonder of God.  It amazes me that every flake is different, just like out fingerprints.

What do these two seasons say about me?
Well, I think they say that I like to wear sweaters and coats.  Yes, that's it I like to wear sweaters when it's a little nippy outside.  I like to snuggle in my nice heavy coat when it is really cold with a nice warm scarf and beanie.  Fall and winter clothes are my favorite.

I like spring and summer too they each have special things to offer.  In spring you have the flowers blooming the grass is green and the weather is perfect.  Summer is also nice but not in 100 degree weather.  It makes it hard to want to be outside doing anything.
                                              Spring                                                  Summer
              

The picture to the bottom right in the summer collage are tomatoes and you may wonder why I have tomatoes in there.  Where I grew up there were tomato fields and every summer you could smell the tomatoes.  When I was younger the smell would bother me but now it is nostalgic.

Brave Love Blog

Those are my favorite seasons.  I now live in the Central Coast of California where the weather is always beautiful and the nights get cold.  You don't really get to see the seasons very much or experience them.  Good thing I go home to my Mom's often.

What is your favorite season?  What do you like the most about the seasons?

Thanks for stopping by
I hope you have a great day

2 comments:

  1. haha the 100 degree heart does make summer hard to love but I'm still a summer lover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wish I'd experience other seasons except summer and rainy because those two are only our season.
    Great post, btw! :)

    ReplyDelete