Monday, September 7, 2015

ONE DAY AT A TIME // BLOG-TEMBER DAY 7



Matthew 6:31-34 most definitely one of my favorite Bible verses.

September 7: prompt is to talk about the blog name and tell where it came from.



I chose that title because this life is short and since we have no control over tomorrow we should just take it "One Day at a Time" letting our focus be Jesus Christ and allowing the Holy Spirit to guide us and work through us so that we may spread his love and the Word (Gospel).
As humans we have a tendency to worry and it is understandable.  I worry sometimes too but I have relied heavily on the verse above Matthew 6:31-34 because it is so true 34"Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself..."

Also knowing that God has us covered, he has our backs and he will not forsake us.  Our Lord knows what we need and he will provide.  So I say, take life One Day at a Time, dwell with the Lord and let him work through you.

I used to be stubborn about tomorrow!  I wanted to plan everything and stick to it because when I didn't I felt like a failure.  Out of High School I had the next 5 years of my life planned out and when it didn't go as I planned, I was bummed.  I felt like I couldn't achieve anything, I felt unintelligent and was lost.  I then got sick (my story is here) and God opened my eyes and through a process he changed my heart and made me new.

I take life One Day at a Time now.  I am present, I enjoy every moment.   I have a peace that is beautiful.  Do I sometimes let worry about tomorrow get to me?  Yes, after all I am human and I do worry about money, bills, and where I will be a few years from now.  I always go back to scripture though and my worry subsides.

So take life One Day at a Time and I don't mean don't plan anything tomorrow or further in the future, no.  I simply mean to enjoy this day you are in and be flexible if tomorrow doesn't turn out the way you planned.


Indeed "This is the day that the Lord has made;..."  I hope that I was able to convey to you the reason why I chose my blog title.

Changing the subject a little, I am so proud of myself once more.  I have been posting and have not missed a day.  This is exciting for me usually craziness happens when I plan on blogging for a certain period of time but this time craziness happened but I still had time.  I am committed and I am and just taking it one day at a time :)

Brave Love Blog

Thanks for stopping by
I hope you are having a lovely  Labor Day

2 comments:

  1. Love the reason behind your blog name!
    I have actually stuck with the challenge as well. The last two days I got in at the last minute, but, I did it! It would have been so easy to say, I'll skip this one...but I forced myself to get it done even if it is late in the day! Looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved all your words. Every one. They are beautiful & true. I've struggled with worry most of my life - knowing I shouldn't, wanting to stop, praying to stop. It's been a challenge - a daily one most of the time, but it has made me see that if I take life "one day at a time" & seek Him, He will always take care of the rest. It may not be how I planned, but His plans are better anyhow - even when I don't have the eyes yet to see it. He is still good & faithful & true. Thanks for sharing your encouraging story behind your blog; it blessed me! =)
    Blessings & Love,
    -Bess-

    ReplyDelete