Monday, September 21, 2015

QUOTABLE // BLOG-TEMBER DAY 21

Yay, it is Monday and this has been a busy day already.  I had three doctors appointments today and of course I woke up late this morning but I made it to my appointment on time.

September 21: A favorite quote/expression and how it has impacted you.

I couldn't just pick one quote I had to pick three.


C.S. Lewis' story is a great one, going from a non-believer to a believer.  He was and continues to be a big contribution to literature for believers.  If you have not read Mere Christianity you should it is really good and I learned a lot from it.  I like this quote because it is so true and makes complete sense.  When I first read this quote in a book I can't seem to remember in College I didn't really understand it but now I do and I agree.  We all want to progress and move forward but if we are going the wrong way we are not progressing until we go back and begin to head in the right direction.


Psalms is a good book in the bible full of amazing inspiration and encouragement.  This quote has been a favorite since 2004 when a friend showed it to me.  But I had a different understanding of it, a more selfish understanding.  I now I know what it truly means to delight in the Lord and by delighting in him your heart's desires are for him and desires he's put on our heart..  


This one is one I go to often.  I have a hard time obeying the Lord when he wants me to share him with other in certain situations and I have to remember this quote.  To be strong and courageous because he has a purpose for me and a purpose for the person(s) he set in my path.  For example I was at Barnes & Noble this summer with Two of my nieces and I decided I was going to peruse the christian book section.  I saw a young woman looking at the bibles and felt a call to ask if she needed help but I talked myself out of it.  I said, "No, I don't think she needs help.  I am sure she knows what she is looking for" so I went about my business and looked at the books.  They didn't have a big selection so I headed back to my nieces.  I helped my oldest niece pick a book that was "somewhat" appropriate when I felt like I should go look at the books again and so we began walking towards the christian book section when that exact young woman who was looking at the bibles approaches me.  She started with, "excuse me, are you a christian?'  I knew at that moment that God had called me to talk to her and I ignored him and he said no you are going to help her.  I felt like a fool!  But I ended up helping her pick out some books and have maintained communication with her and she is growing in christ.

These quotes are quotes I continuously go to for encouragement.

Thank you for stopping by
I hope you are having a lovely Monday

2 comments:

  1. three great quotes!!! I love that C.S. Lewis quote and it's so true. I like how you explained it that progress sometimes means turning back to correct your direction.

    ReplyDelete