Saturday, September 26, 2015

READ, READ, READ // BLOG-TEMBER DAY 26

Hello Saturday, I don't want to do anything today.  Today is going to be a busy day and I still don't know everything that I will be doing.  I hope everything flows smoothly.  

September 26: What's on your to-reading list, and what have you recently read? 

TO READ
  1. Dancing Through Life by Candace Cameron Bure.  I am very interested in reading this book and seeing what Candace has to say about being in Hollywood and maintaining a biblical standard of living.
  2. Embracing Myself Now by Shawneda.  This book was handed to me by a friend just yesterday actually this is what the back of the cover says, "Dani wants to love the new woman she has become. Just can't convince her heart, soul and destroyed womb to accept the dreams she's had since childhood may never come true. Jenessa's life was turned upside down by triple negative breast cancer. Keeping it right side up may cost her the identity she's fought to protect for years. Dominique helped her mother face and conquer their past. Now anger and fear threaten her hope for the future. Despair and dread have picked their next prey, Vivian. She has no idea her new sisters in the struggle to defeat breast cancer will help her find an anchor beyond their support group's normal therapy. These four women are discovering it's hard letting go of what was when you never expected what life has become."  It sounds really interesting I am excited to dig in to it and explore.
  3. Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee.  This one is easy it is by Harper Lee that should explain it.  Lol... To Kill a Mockingbird is one of my favorite books and I am so excited to read this one.  I have heard some really good things about it.

RECENTLY READ
  1. Who Do You Think You Are? Finding Your True Identity in Christ by Mark Driscoll.  This is a great read!  Mark Driscoll really digs in to find your identity in Christ and not what the world tells you find it in.
  2. HOLINESS The Heart God Purifies by Nancy Leigh.  What does it mean to be holy?  And are we capable of reaching holiness?  This is a great read.  She goes into things that she has seen in the church and people in her life and how some people become so complacent to sin.  She also digs into staying in the word and being in the world but not of the world.
  3. Breaking the Islam Code by J.D. Greear.   This book was given to me by a friend and I read it.  It contains a lot of really helpful information when that will be useful when trying to share Christ with a muslim.  If you have someone in your life who is a muslim and you want to share Christ with them I recommend picking up this book
CURRENTLY READING
  1. The One & Only by Emily Giffin.  I just started reading this book and Wednesday and haven't gotten so far but here is what the back cover says, "In her eagerly awaited new novel, beloved New York Times bestselling author Emily Giffin returns with an extraordinary story of love and loyalty—and an unconventional heroine struggling to reconcile both. Thirty-three-year-old Shea Rigsby has spent her entire life in Walker, Texas—a small college town that lives and dies by football, a passion she unabashedly shares. Raised alongside her best friend, Lucy, the daughter of Walker’s legendary head coach, Clive Carr, Shea was too devoted to her hometown team to leave. Instead she stayed in Walker for college, even taking a job in the university athletic department after graduation, where she has remained for more than a decade.  But when an unexpected tragedy strikes the tight-knit Walker community, Shea’s comfortable world is upended, and she begins to wonder if the life she’s chosen is really enough for her. As she finally gives up her safety net to set out on an unexpected path, Shea discovers unsettling truths about the people and things she has always trusted most—and is forced to confront her deepest desires, fears, and secrets."  This is her newest Novel.  I have read the rest and they are worth a read, you should check them out here.

That is it, these are the books I want to read, have recently read and not reading.  Sometimes I'll read two sometimes even three books at the same time to keep my brain exercising but not this time.  I am giving myself a little rest.  Are any of these books on your to-read or have-read list?

Brave Love Blog

Thank for stopping by
Have a fantastic Saturday now, ya' hear ...lol

1 comment:

  1. There are so many books on my to read list but all the books on your list are new to me. I started a new book the other day called Fulfilled. I actually won it in a giveaway.

    ReplyDelete