Friday, September 25, 2015

THREE SONGS ♪ // BLOG-TEMBER DAY 25

TGIF
Friday already?  Wasn't it just Monday?  Wow, time flies when you are having fun.  This weekend should be exciting, I have a baby shower to go to on Saturday and church on Sunday.

September 25: Three songs you are connecting with right now.

When I saw this prompt I thought, "This is easy!" then I got to thinking of the songs I wanted to choose.  I reached for my notebook and began jotting down songs that I am connecting with right now and before I knew it I had a long list with way more then 3 songs but worry not, I was able to narrow my list down and choose some great songs.



  • God's Not Dead by Newsboys:  This is an awesome song and always gets me pumped.  Have you watched the movie God's Not Dead?  You should it is pretty good a little to dramatic but I guess movies have to be, right?  I like the line "my God's not dead he's surely alive he's living on the inside roaring like a lion."  It is a great song!
  • We Believe by Newsboys:  Two Newsboys songs because well I am digging the music.  I have been a fan of theirs for some time now and their music is so up lifting.  The lyrics are awesome, "In this time of desperation, when all we know is doubt and fear, there is only one foundation, We believe, we believe.  We believe in God the Father.  We believe in Jesus Christ.  We believe in the Holy Spirit.  And He's given us new life.  We believe in the Crucifixion.  We believe that He conquered death. We believe in the resurrection and He's coming back again.  We believe.  So, let our faith be more than anthems.  Greater than the songs we sing and in our weakness and temptations we believe, we believe...  Let the lost be found and the dead be raised in the here and now.  Let love invade. Let the church live loud.  Our God we'll say, we believe, we believe and the gates of Hell will not prevail, for the power of God has torn the veil.  Now we know your love will never fail.  We believe, we believe" Those lyrics are powerful.  WE BELIEVE!
  • Even So come by Passion (ft. Chris Tomlin): This song gives me the chills every single time and I almost cry.  It's so touching!  The lyrics are powerful saying, "All of creation, all of the earth, make straight a highway, a path for the Lord, Jesus is coming soon.  Call back the sinner.  Wake up the saint.  Let every nation shout of Your fame.  Jesus is coming soon.  Like a bride waiting for her groom.  We'll be a Church ready for You, every heart longing for our King, we sing, even so come Lord Jesus, come... There will be justice.  All will be new.  Your name forever, faithful and true, Jesus is coming soon... So we wait, we wait for you.  God, we wait you're coming soon..."  We are certainly waiting aren't we?  
These three songs are amazing!  They each glorify His name as it should be.  Do you like these songs? Yes, no?  

Brave Love Blog

5 more days left in this blog-tember challenge.  Are you participating? If yes, are you ready for it to be over?  To be honest I am a little worried but God willing it'll all be ok and I will have some good stuff for you to come by again and read.

Thank you for stopping by
I hope you have wonderfully delightful Friday!

5 comments:

  1. Great choices Lily! I hadn't heard of the Newsboys, thank you for sharing, huggles xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great songs! I hadn't heard of the Newsboys but I listened to these songs and they're awesome!

    Katie
    Katiesgreatperhaps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an AWESOME collection of worship songs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Newsboys! They are so uplifting! Also I am not ready for Blog-tember to be over. Where will I get my blog content from !?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Lily,

    I just stumbled upon your blog and i love it. The Newsboys are one my favorite bands. I know God is using them for an amazing reason to encourage our generation to come closer to God. And the movie God's not dead was unbelievable amazing, I loved it a lot. Have a blessed day and keep up the great blog.

    XO, Sarai
    If you have time and wish to check out my blog, i will gladly appreciate it. <3
    http://stuck-in-rewind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete