Thursday, October 1, 2015

REMEMBER ME // HOW DO YOU WANT TO BE REMEMBERED?


Have you ever thought about how you want to be remembered when you pass away?  If you are like me, you have and if you're not well then, you haven't.  When I was younger this thought never crossed my mind but when I got close to death it did and it hasn't left my mind since, it could also be the fact that I have a life threatening disease but we won't go with that one. :)

I want to be remembered as a woman who loved God and was able to share him with others immediately.  I want people to feel like I was able to share Jesus love with them.  Be remembered as someone who was caring and supportive but honest and loving, even giving tough love when necessary.  Someone who was real and genuine in their walk with Christ.  I want to be remembered for the good choices I made and the bad choices I made that molded the person I am now.  I want people to remember the positive conversations we had and the encouraging words I spoke their way.  

I want this life to glorify God so much that in someone remembering me, it brings them to think of God and praise him because through him I am the person I am today or I guess then it will be 'was'.  He has molded me into this person I hardly recognize but love looking at.  He astonishes me daily with his glorious grace and mercy upon us.

I was at a funeral a few years ago for this church member I really had not had the pleasure of ever knowing.  As people went to speak at the pulpit I listened intently to the words coming out of their mouths of how much this man loved Jesus and how you just knew.  They kept going on and on and the focus wasn't about the deceased man but it was about how much God was apart of his life and ultimately they all spoke of how God reached people through him.  And, I thought to myself, "Self, that is how I want to be remembered.  Not for the amazing things I do (if I even do any) but for loving Jesus and sharing his love with the lives I come in contact with."  So I wan't to be remembered as a person who loved God, shared his word and his love with everyone she could.

I ask you, how do you want to be remembered?  What do you think about how I want to be remembered?  Is this post a little morbid?  Yes, I think it too.  :)  A great October 1st post though, right?

Thank you for stopping by
I hope this Thursday is a precious day for you

3 comments:

  1. This is such a powerful post! I want to be remembered as someone who has left a legacy for Christ. I don't want to be remembered for anything *I* did, but for what Christ did in me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lily this is such a beautiful post! It's not morbid at all. I think maybe if more people thought about what the legacy of their lives will be maybe they'd act a little differently, be a little kinder, live a little more purposefully? Not because they want others to think well of them but because they might pay more attention to their actions, to how those actions might affect others. I wish you 100 more years to do exactly what you do now angel and that's to make others smile, spread happiness and just be you because you're a lovely, sweet, kind & giving person. Sending heaps of hugs dearest Lily xx

    ReplyDelete